Kalaperunat

Sunday, September 24, 2006

London

I think I've already fall for London. Even though the weather could have been better on Friday - I end up soaked on my way to the Satu's place...Been here just couple days but seen already Mayfair, Chealsea and Soho. I even had my first hangover ;) Not a nice experience especially when I had to go to the university for the orientation.

Orientation was nice. I met people from all over the world. And the atmosphere was great: everybody are in the same situation and want to meet new people. Most of the students I met yesterday live in that same dorm with me. Haven't seen the place yet but I was told it's ok. Will see. Going there today...

Now I have been staying with Satu (Saana's sister) at Caledonian Street (that's north from King's Cross). It's nicely situated - it took me 15 minutes to walk to the university. It have been so nice to stay with someone you know instead of going to some anonymous hostel. I've seen so much more with her and Björgen than would have on my own :)

Next week the orientation is going to continue. For me that means lots of free time to do stuff like shopping (eg. household goods), opening a bank account and just wandering around and getting used to London. Then on 2nd of October lectures start and real life begins.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, you're about to be initiated to the wonderfully surreal world called the British banking system! Congratulations. Just think of Kafka and you'll be allright...

September 25, 2006 7:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear yo've arrived safely and that my sister has been taking good care of you. And don't mind Mekku, I'm sure they will be very nice at the bank ;)

And write soon and tell us what the dorm is like.

September 25, 2006 7:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mukavaa reissua Minna!
t.Millis

September 26, 2006 12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home