Kalaperunat

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Paul Robeson House

It's been a week since I moved into this hall of residence and it's just great here. I've met so many new people from all over the world. I live in this flat of four persons with Canadian Laura (I'm actually now in her room using her computer:), American Carrie and Norwegian Haavard. Rooms are quite nice (especially after spending large amount of money at Ikea) and it's so nice to have your own bathroom. The security of the hall is quite strict: you need a swiper card to get through gates and some doors and every visitor have to be signed in regardless of the duration of their visit. Don't know whether that should make me feel safe...

The hall is nicely situated next to King's Cross station and it only takes 15-20 minutes to walk to the main campus of the university and another campus is even nearer, you just have to walk down the street and there's Vernon Square. Islington is really nice area and all the essential stores are nearby next to Angel tube station. The only weak point I can come up to is the traffic. It's not as much bothering me as it is Laura and Carrie who have their rooms on the street side. My window is facing this quiet courtyard so that's just fine.

So, what it comes to living conditions I can't complain. Even the window is replaced with one with double glasses so I think the room temperature during winter is going to be ok. At least now it's been really pleasent and so have been the weather too. Have been wearing flip-flops every day but unfortunately that's going to change any day now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home