Kalaperunat

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Thing Called Snow

The snow has come to town. When I woke up this morning we had five centimetre of pure white snow in our yard. It's strange how it changes everything: buildings, people and feelings. I actually woke up in the middle of the night to found two girls in our courtyard. In their pyjamas taking pictures of them and snow. As excited as small children. How cute is that :)

The whole city seems to quiet down. And the same time everything carries on as normal. I can still hear the cars passing by and the train arriving to Kings Cross but the noises aren't that disturbing. Every time somebody enters the courtyard I can hear them sigh quietly...But unfortunately the snow is not here to stay. It has already turned into wet slush (in Finnish loska) and soon it will be just a memory.

The snow has quiet me down too. Or perhaps that's the flu. I feel like a bear before winter: I want to crawl into my nest to rest and wake up when the spring has arrived. And basically that's what I'm doing. Hiding under my blanket all day long, sleeping. Waiting for snow to melt and spring to arrive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Otto Sinisalo said...

Minna darling, if you emerge from under your blanket at some point, can you email me your snail-mail address in London? I'm at otto dot sinisalo, welho dot com. I have some Riikka's travel documents for you - and a nifty postcard!

February 16, 2007 10:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home