Kalaperunat

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Top Ten

Ok, seems like Top Tens are going to be spring's number one trend (oh, and you heard it here first!)...So here we go: Top Ten of Finnish things I miss most.

1. Friends and family - okey, so YOU all are number one. Yes, You, You and even You! Though I have to admit it, there was a tough competition between you and chocolate ;)
2. Chocolate - everything made by Fazer: Pätkis, Geisha, Da Capo, Jim, Marianne, milk chocolate with or without whole hazelnuts...You name it, I crave it!
3. Cheese - I know most of the people would not consider Finland as top ten material for the best cheese producers in the world but maybe five months in England (where a cheese is not a cheese if not made of 40 % of fat and flat taste, yak) is enough to change your mind. It surely was enough for me.
4. Helsingin Sanomat - oh, all those lazy mornings with my daily, home delivered paper...And don't tell me I can read it from the Internet. It is not the same thing!
5. Bicycle - I still grieve for my tiny orange bike but I am willing to replace it with brand new (ok, old and borrowed - thanks Reetta:) yellow one. And yes, you can cycle in London too. If you are willing to say goodbye to your nerves...and occasionally your life.
6. Four seasons - there, I said it. I know I have hyped the warm weather a LOT and it is still great. But dunno whether that is just the novelty or would I still appreciate it after several years...
7. Sea - Thames is nothing compared to Baltic Sea. It makes most of the winter days in Helsinki terrible (except those times when you can go skating on natural ice) but it is such a treat on those light midsummer nights when the water is warmer than air.
8. Cafés - Helsinki might not be the place to go for genuine European café experience but at least you don't have to settle for yet another Starbuck's.
9. My room - all that space with high ceiling and boarded floor...I really don't understand what is going on with Englishmen and their carpet ::)
10. Food of Unicafé - it is just so easy to walk in there, have a proper lunch and then leave. It is not the quality, it is the quantity (or something...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home